The tunnels were constructed during the Second World War to combat civilian casualties where up to 8,000 people could stay at one time. After the war the tunnels became temporary accommodation for some of London's immigrants and then converted into a hotel for visitors to London's Festival of Britain in 1951. Since the late 50's the tunnel lay derelict until now where TFL have opened part of them as a visitor attraction.
Cadplan Sevices produced plans, elevations and sections for Zero Carbon Food's project using their up to date 3D laser scanning equipment over a 2-month period for each of the 2 tunnels.
Contact Gareth Edwards email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: +44 (0) 1732 469100